On 14 September 2023, Vinnytsia will host a discussion on "Prospects for the Development of Green Energy Communities in Ukraine" as part of the Civil Society Energy for Resilient Ukraine project. The preliminary programme of the event is available here. Registration is open until 12 September 2023 by following this link.
The purpose of the public discussion is to present the first part of the focus group study "Potential for Creating Green Energy Communities in Ukraine" and to spread knowledge about green technologies and the benefits of sustainable energy. The press release of the study is available here.
In addition, the event aims to promote the development of local renewable energy projects by engaging citizens and local communities in developing joint recommendations for the White Paper on the Development of Green Energy Communities in Ukraine. The study provides insights into the existing preconditions, barriers and incentives for creation, and summarises recommendations on measures needed to stimulate the creation of energy communities in Ukraine.
The discussion will focus on the following issues:
- Awareness and education: spreading knowledge about green technologies and the benefits of sustainable energy and increasing competences at the local community level.
- Environmental benefits: discussing the positive impact of green energy communities on the environment, promoting decarbonisation policies.
- Economic aspect: assessment of the economic feasibility and opportunities for attracting investment in green community projects.
- Legal context: review of legislative innovations and the regulatory environment to support the development of green energy communities.
- Public participation: identifying opportunities to involve citizens in the in the planning and implementation of green projects.
- Challenges and obstacles: discussion of possible problems and ways to overcome them on the way to creating green energy communities in Ukraine.
- Support for initiatives: an overview of the possibilities of state and local support for green energy initiatives. Successful cases.
- Cooperation: proposals for cooperation between different actors - citizens, businesses, the state - to promote the development of green energy communities.